The New York Giants (2-2), led by quarterback Daniel Jones and tight end Evan Engram, host the Minnesota Vikings (2-2), led by quarterback Kirk Cousins and running back Dalvin Cook, in a Week 5 NFL football game on Sunday, Oct. 6, 2019 (10/6/19) at MetLife Stadium, in East Rutherford.
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — Kirk Cousins threw two touchdowns to Adam Thielen, Dalvin Cook ran for 132 yards and the Minnesota Vikings made life miserable for Daniel Jones and the New York Giants in every way possible in a 28-10 victory Sunday.
The win came just a week after the Vikings (3-2) did little in a 16-6 loss to the Chicago Bears and Thielen insisted the team had to stop being one dimensional on offense, relying solely on the run.
And that's exactly what Minnesota did. It hit the Giants (2-3) with a bit of everything — pass, run and the defense — in ending the two-game winning streak Jones engineered since replacing Eli Manning at quarterback. The Vikings gained 490 yards on offense and took a knee inside the New York 5 to end the game.
The Vikings defense limited New York to 211 yards, sacked Jones four times and hit him countless other times. The Defense also chipped in with a safety when linebacker Anthony Barr tackled Jon Hilliman in the end zone after New York recovered Cook's fumble at the 1.
Cousins completed 22 of 27 for a season-high 306 yards and had touchdown passes of 15 and 9 yards to Thielen. The receiver, who complained after a two-catch, 6-yard game against Chicago, finished with seven catches for 130 yards.
The 15-yard, second-quarter touchdown pass capped a 98-yard drive and gave Minnesota a 10-0 lead. The shorter toss ended a 67-yard drive after New York got to 18-10 in the third quarter.
Dan Bailey hit field goals of 31, 48, 32 and 45 yards for Minnesota, which scored on four of its six possessions in the first half. The fifth ended in a fumble inside the 5-yard line and the sixth on a last play Hail Mary.
Jones finished 21 of 38 for 182 yards and an interception. He threw a 35-yard yard touchdown pass in the second quarter to fellow rookie Darius Slayton, getting New York to 10-7. It capped a drive that rookie Corey Ballentine started with a 52-yard kickoff return.
Aldrick Rosas pulled the Giants to 18-10 with 32-yard field goal that capped a 15-play drive that opened the second half, but Cousins and Thielen connected again as the Vikings ended a five-game skid in outdoor stadiums.
The Giants came into the game thin at linebacker. Rookie starter Ryan Connelly was lost for the season last week with a knee injury. Fellow inside linebackers Alex Ogletree (hamstring) and Tae Davis (concussion) missed their second straight games and outside linebacker Lorenzo Carter was not active because of a neck injury. Rookie Oshane Ximines started for Carter. David Mayo replaced Ogletree for the second week. Nate Stupar started for Connelly.
Giants starting RB Wayne Gallman, in for Saquon Barkley, was lost to a concussion in the first quarter. .... No other injuries were announced although New York WR Sterling Shepard (concussion evaluation), Vikings CB Xavier Rhodes (leg) and Minnesota G Pat Elflein (leg) left and returned.
Announcers: Bob Papa (Play by play), Carl Banks (Color commentator), Howard Cross (sideline reporter)
Channel finder: Verizon Fios, AT&T U-verse, Comcast Xfinity, Spectrum/Charter,Optimum/Altice, DIRECTV, Dish, Hulu, fuboTV, Sling.
• QB KIRK COUSINS passed for 233 yards last week. Has 275+ pass yards in 2 of his past 3 starts at NYG. Has 2,533 pass yards (281.4 per game) & 20 TDs vs. 7 INTs for 105.1 rating in his past 9 starts on road vs. NFC East.
• RB DALVIN COOK had 70 scrimmage yards & rush TD in Week 4. Is 1 of 5 RBs with 70+ scrimmage yards in each game & is only player in NFL with rush TD in each of team’s 1st 4 games of 2019. Aims for his 3rd in row on road with rush TD.
• WR STEFON DIGGS led team with 7 receptions for 107 yards last week, his 11th career 100-yard game. Has 10+ catches in 2 of his past 3 on road vs. NFC East. WR ADAM THIELEN has 22 receptions for 368 yards (122.7 per game) & 2 TDs in his past 3 vs. NFC East. Aims for his 3rd in row on road vs. NFC East with 100+ rec yards & TD catch. TE KYLE RUDOLPH aims for his 3rd in row vs. NYG with rec. TD & 7th in row vs. NFC East with 5+ catches.
• DE DANIELLE HUNTER has 3 sacks in his past 4. Has 5 sacks & 5 TFL in his past 4 vs. NFC East. Aims for his 5th in row with sack vs. NFC East. LB ERIC KENDRICKS led team with 12 tackles last week, his 11th career game with 10+ tackles. Aims for his 4th in row with 7+ tackles. S HARRISON SMITH has 14 tackles & 35-yard INT-TD in 2 career games vs. NYG. Is only player with 20+ INTS (21) & 10+ sacks (12) since 2012. DT SHAMAR STEPHEN had 4th career sack last week. LB ANTHONY BARR aims for his 3rd in row vs. NYG with PD.
• QB DANIEL JONES (rookie) passed for 225 yards with TD vs. 2 INTs & had 33 rush yards last week. Ranks 2nd among rookie QBs with 95.9 rating. Is 1 of 4 QBs (JOSH ALLEN, DESHAUN WATSON & RUSSELL WILSON) with 2+ rush TDs in 2019.
• RB WAYNE GALLMAN had career-high 118 scrimmage yards (63 rush, 55 rec.) & 2 TDs (1 rush, 1 rec.) in Week 4, his 1st career game with 2+ TDs. Is 1 of 3 NFC RBs (ALVIN KAMARA & CHRISTIAN MCCAFFREY) with 50+ rush yards, 50+ rec. yards & 2+ TDs in single game this season.
18ga F Nails Suppliers for Sale
• WR STERLING SHEPARD led team with 7 receptions for 76 yards last week. Aims for his 4th in row with 6+ catches. TE EVAN ENGRAM had 54 rec. yards last week. Among TEs in 2019, ranks 2nd in rec. yards (331), 3rd in receptions (27) & tied-3rd in TD catches (2). WR GOLDEN TATE makes NYG debut. Has 5+ catches in 6 of his past 8 vs. NFC North.
• CB JANORIS JENKINS had 2 INTs & 3 PD last week, his 3rd career game with 2+ INTs. Has 7 PD in past 4 vs. NFC North. Has 8 PD in his past 5 at home. S JABRILL PEPPERS had 32-yard INT-TD & 2 PDs last week, his 1st-career INT-TD. Aims for his 3rd in row with PD & 6th in row with 6+ tackles. LB MARKUS GOLDEN had 0.5 sacks last week. Had 3 tackles, 0.5 sacks & PD in last game vs. Min. (10/14/18 with Ari.). Rookie LB OSHANE XIMINES had 0.5 sacks last week & is 1 of 3 NFC rookies with 2+ sacks in 2019. LB DAVID MAYO led team with career-high 8 tackles in Week 4.
© 2019 NJ.com. All rights reserved (About Us). The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of NJ.com.
Nail Making Machine, Nut Tapping Machine, Coil Nail Machine - Union Fasteners,https://www.unisenfastener.com/